4 spots available!
- Personalized guide and translation service by a native English speaker
- Comfortable transportation round trip from Oaxaca City (1 hour each way)
- Quick breakfast of antojitos, little local snacks at our favorite roadside comedor
- Tour of 2 mezcal palenques producing clay pot distilled mezcal, 1 traditional and 1 artisanal
- Tour of a of an agave nursery and artisanal mezcal palenque producing small batch clay pot distilled run; the palenque is owned and operated by family that has been making mezcal for 200 years and now produces mezcal for national and international sale who is committed to sustainable agriculture and giving back to the community.
- The second palenque we visit is traditional palenque making micro batches of Minero mezcal who produce mezcal for personal consumption and local sale
- Tasting of mezcal made on site at each palenque
- A chance to purchase mezcal directly from the producers (price not included), our help packing it for travel
- Lunch at Ocotlán market of regional dishes
- Drinking water and light snacks
- Donation to community library